Our School Improvement Plan for 2018-19
2. ICT - See below to access Purple Mash
The log-on for your child is their firstname.surname and the password is Pup1l
Please see below an overview of our curriculum.
Phonics - The phonic scheme used throughout the school is Letters and Sounds.
Reading - For reading we follow a colour-coding book banding system to ensure children are reading the right level.
More detail can be seen on the individual class pages.
This space is for anything to do with books, reading and writing across the whole school.
English Targets for each year group
Here are some or our new favourite picture books. These books are quick for many children to read but are beautifully written and carry deep and meaningful themes.
- Stanley's Stick by John Hegley
- Wolf Won't Bite by Emily Gravett
- If I Could Paint The World by Sarah Massini
- The Dog The Crayons Quit by Oliver Jeffers
- George Flies South by Simon James
- Maude The Not So Noticeable Shrimpton by Lauren Child
- The Frank Show by David Mackintosh
- The Spider and The Fly by Tom DiTerlizz
- How Dinosaurs Really Work by Alan Snow
- The Pirates Next Door by Jonny Duddle
The New Maths Curriculum
The APPs below are useful to help the children to practice their basic maths skills.
Many parents are keen to understand "how the children learn" maths, as in many cases it is quite different from the techniques they were taught at school. The following document is a tool created by our Maths Leader and describes the techniques adopted throughout the whole school.
If you have any questions about what you read here then please speak to your child's class teacher and they will be able to assist you.
The following documents have also been created to help parents support their children in specific years.