Vision and Values & Ethos
Promoting British Values
The rule of law
Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Examples of the actions we take to promote British Values
- TED (Together Everyone Decides) teams which include every child in the school giving every child a voice in the running of the school.
- Ensuring all pupils are listened to by adults
- Our RESPECT code which is fundamental to every aspect of school life
- A clear behaviour policy with class rules developed every year.
- Encouraging children to become independent learners who take an active role in their learning; helping to shape the curriculum which ensures purpose and full engagement.
- RE lessons provide pupils with a deep understanding of their own faith as well as an awareness of the faith and tradition of other religious communities as a basis for understanding and respecting them.
- Using the witness of Jesus as an example of tolerance using Parables and stories from the Bible