Vision and Values & Ethos
We are a happy, exciting and successful learning community with Jesus at the centre.
We model our relationships on Jesus, expect the same from our children and extend our open arms to all who visit our school. As with our children and staff, all who visit our school will feel safe, respected and valued.
All children are created uniquely in the eyes of God, as such we aim to provide an education that supports the development of the human spirit so that our children can learn freely and confidently while developing their unique talents and gifts to make a positive contribution to our society and in the preservation of God’s world.
Our children learn in an environment which is designed to excite and engage. Our wider/broad curriculum develops the child’s sense of place in the world, their spiritual lives and their moral understanding of things that affect them. They learn how to respond to adversity and develop skills that help them manage themselves and their relationships
Promoting British Values
The rule of law
Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Examples of the actions we take to promote British Values
- TED (Together Everyone Decides) teams which include every child in the school giving every child a voice in the running of the school.
- Ensuring all pupils are listened to by adults
- Our RESPECT code which is fundamental to every aspect of school life
- A clear behaviour policy with class rules developed every year.
- Encouraging children to become independent learners who take an active role in their learning; helping to shape the curriculum which ensures purpose and full engagement.
- RE lessons provide pupils with a deep understanding of their own faith as well as an awareness of the faith and tradition of other religious communities as a basis for understanding and respecting them.
- Using the witness of Jesus as an example of tolerance using Parables and stories from the Bible